Hurt on another’s property?

woman fell on road and hurt knee

Premises Liability claims arise when someone is hurt on another’s property – such as a slip & fall in a grocery store.

In most cases it needs to be proven that the property owner knew or should have known of a dangerous condition on the property and failed to take reasonable steps to protect people from being injured. It is often very helpful to take pictures of where you were injured as soon as possible. In some cases, the property owner may have medical payment coverage which can be used to pay for your medical treatment. You should generally ask the owner or manager of the property to give you the name of their insurance company so you can file a claim and determine whether medical payment coverage is available. These types of cases can be very difficult to evaluate so please feel free to contact us for a free consultation.

If you’d like to see if you can handle the claim on your own, please check out our Resources Page for guidance:

Settling Your Claim

Process of a Claim